Mint (Prototype?) Woodland Camo Chemical Prot. Trousers

MinorInHistory

MinorInHistory

Hey y’all!

I was thinking about selling these, but something rubbed me the wrong way about the woodland camo pattern. Instead of being more rounded, they appear to be more stringy and fade. They came from an estate sale of a DoD worker, so could they be prototype? They came in the original packaging, but I opened it to see what it was. Also, can anyone provide an estimate on the value of these? That would save me the trouble of reposting in the “what’s it worth” subforum. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!  

EEF2567B-0652-4C5B-AC0B-251152DD6CBA.jpeg

5C6DD161-FD75-4D95-A8F8-43D5E2A73B10.jpeg

These are Biritsh Army issue NBC suit trousers in DPM camouflage. They are quite common and, in the UK, can be bought on ebay for about £10.

bravo_2_zero

Well documented US forces wore these 1990/91, 1987 would be well in this time period as the NBC have a shelf life of 10 years.

We had the dark green UK sets in the 1980's.  Very practical and light weight.  They kept you warm in the winter.

Apparently it was cheaper for the US to buy them from the UK rather than manufacture them.

AA 50.jpg

MinorInHistory

Thanks for all the info y’all, maybe the owner was involved in approving them for usage or something, since he was DoD, not military.

On 7/10/2021 at 12:48 AM, MinorInHistory said:

Thanks for all the info y’all, maybe the owner was involved in approving them for usage or something, since he was DoD, not military.

Or he could have gone to the Gulf as a civilian worker and been issued these.