Hello from Brazil

PvtOsbourne

PvtOsbourne

Hello everyone,

I found this forum while doing a research and ended up finding too many useful info, so, here I am :)

I'm from Brazil and started collecting about 6-7 years ago. Currenly, focus in on WWII items, either Brazilian items (AF, Navy and Army) or Air Force in general - mostly USAAF. Not a huge collector but try to keep my things organized and documented, so I believe here I'll be able to find some more information to build my USAAF displays properly.

And, if anyone is looking for information about Brazilian Expeditionary Force, Brazilian Air Force or Navy, I'm not an expert but I'll be glad to at least try to help. 

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum.

I notice you mentioned Army, Navy and Air Force...but not the Marine Corps! The US and Brazilian Marine Corps have an interesting history that date back to WWII. I learned a lot about it when researching this uniform I acquired some years ago...it might be an interesting read

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks folks!

@Brig You're right, Marine Corps too! I actually have one Marine Corps item, a Brazillian visor cap, and the guy you mentioned on your post - Ricardo - is a good friend of mine. He helped me a lot when started my collection, a few years ago, and since then we've become good friends.

On 8/16/2021 at 5:50 PM, PvtOsbourne said:

Thanks folks!

@Brig You're right, Marine Corps too! I actually have one Marine Corps item, a Brazillian visor cap, and the guy you mentioned on your post - Ricardo - is a good friend of mine. He helped me a lot when started my collection, a few years ago, and since then we've become good friends.

Haven't see him around here lately