1700-1800s pike or trench spear?

This was found in a friend’s grandfather’s house while cleaning it out. No one in the family knows anything about it. My first thought was a Rev War pike or trench spear, but I’m open to other opinions. Measures 18” end to end. Definitely old and hand made with a hollow shaft and a cut off wooden pole still in place. 

5EB9E190-AC2E-4FDF-A20A-F85052735E95.jpeg

CF406484-38EA-482E-AAFE-43C9FC442DDA.jpeg

66A22AC5-7F64-402C-990C-31D905F4FA46.jpeg

Neat no matter how old it is. Looks like 2 pieces, iron and brass/bronze. How are the 2 parts connected or are they connected?

59 minutes ago, sundance said:

Neat no matter how old it is. Looks like 2 pieces, iron and brass/bronze. How are the 2 parts connected or are they connected?

I can’t tell, but it’s a solid connection. 

36 minutes ago, Blacksmith said:

Hi Matt - what characteristics indicate to you that it’s hand made?

The collar where the brass handle  meets the blade looks hammered to me, but I’m no expert. 

Blacksmith
4 minutes ago, Len S said:

Look under Budiak spears.

That's where I was headed with my question.  Does not look early-American to me.  

Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines - that part of the world, based on composition and form.

Blacksmith

Could be any number of scenarios, including that one - unfortunately, with no provenance / chain-of-custody, we're left to speculate.

Assuming it is from that part of the world, it could also have been a bring-back from the Philippine Insurrection.

You may find this interesting:

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/302378-pi-collection-wall-2/

The pole may have been cut off so the blade could fit into a duffle bag.  Just a thought.