Wood manufacture m1943 E-tool.

Ndhunter1887

Ndhunter1887

Saw this at the flea market today bought it because I saw it was a diffrent maker than Ames, but there is no date stamped in it. Did wood not stamp dates or is it a really light strike? You can see the stamp better in person than the picture. 2fceb7a50ee89ef21da5c0fa1b878421.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ndhunter1887
I'd say it was a light strike.

Right, that’s what I thought sucks I won’t know the date of manufacture as that effects value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess it the tool is a WOOD | 1943. Stamps are often hard to make out on them. Here are the markings on mine and maybe they will help orient you where to find the date digits...

M43ET WOOD 1943 a.JPG

M43ET WOOD 1943 b.JPG

M43ET WOOD 1943 c.JPG

Have 2 dated 1944 and 1 1945, the 1945 dated one made by WOOD has another rivet going through the wooden handle, instead of just 1, it's positioned higher up near the roller lock. 

Ndhunter1887
Have 2 dated 1944 and 1 1945, the 1945 dated one made by WOOD has another rivet going through the wooden handle, instead of just 1, it's positioned higher up near the roller lock. 

Thanks for the info, I belive mine to be a 43 or 44, it has only 1 rivet. I can’t make out the 19 but can make out a 4 after the 9 but the last number is very hard to read.

I wonder if the night mode camcorder trick would work on something like this? No idea if it would. This would drive me crazy (a short drive). 

Mikie

Ndhunter1887
I wonder if the night mode camcorder trick would work on something like this? No idea if it would. This would drive me crazy (a short drive). 
Mikie

bec64cdbe2c23489f5513ab09fb43d49.jpg
2da4fa383857f3b1afd84242fa9e8ce6.jpg
I tried it, I think I can barley make out a 44? What do you guys think.