551st Parachute Infantry Battalion pocket patch

Longhorn92

Longhorn92

I was extremely fortunate to recently obtain one of my two Holy Grails. The other is a 504, which I vow to own someday.

As many of you know, this is an almost impossible one to find and I’m pleased to be its new caretaker.

Although I’d been hunting for this one for a long while, the only reason it found me was because I knew a fellow advanced collector who asked if I was interested in it. So, thanks to that collector and friend. Hitting shows and building a network of friends and fellow collectors and dealers is essential in this hobby. 

I’ve attached a few pics of books with 551 info and pics. 

Thanks for looking.

FF561D7C-5935-498E-BE01-9F6CE879B82B.jpeg

CC305E2B-83B4-4E41-9353-0711A491F4D0.jpeg

B5B3D3DF-845A-4480-92B3-7EF6143972A5.jpeg

96735D9C-F82A-47C4-AE06-97D3B83A0D88.jpeg

manayunkman

Great patch!!

The man who designed the patch lived in Camp Hill, PA.

He was an artist and set up to sell his local art at the West Shore farmers market.

He still had the prototype pictures he drew and once he brought them in to show me.

If I remember correctly his first name was Art.

Bill Scott

That is a great looking Bird Congratulations.Scotty

Brian Dentino

Wow, now this is one of the hardest of the hard AB patches to snag and yours is a beauty!  Congrats on the find.  A centerpiece of any collection for sure, no matter how advanced the collection may be.  It is an awesome example, thanks for sharing it with us here.  Would love to see some more close up pics of both the front and back when you have a few extra minutes.