USMC Paramarine Choiseul Raid and KIA Iwo Jima Group

Kurt Barickman

Kurt Barickman

This is a a group I acquired out of the woods nearly 20 years ago from the family here in Minnesota and have just recently reacquired it from the person I sold it to.. It is not a Tarawa related group which is normally what I collect but it is such an historical assembly to a member of the Second Parachute Battalion which did the raid on Choiseul until the leadership of Victor “Brute” Krulak that I jumped on the opportunity to put this historic and tragic group back in the collection. 

Kurt Barickman

Commendation for the battalion for Choiseul raid. Accomplished more for the Allied cause than the Makin Raid according to some historians.

FCB2062E-0AAF-4ECD-80BB-B6425452E5FB.jpeg

Kurt Barickman

Same commendation for Choiseul but to the Rocket Platoon and for the CO of the platoon. Clow was a member of E Company Second Battalion and the secret rocket platoon was formed from E Company so I am thinking that Clow was assigned to them lugging these experimental and heavy rockets through the miserable jungle of this island in the Northern Solomons.

6F9023C8-76CA-432E-90FC-39700E15FA55.jpeg

Kurt Barickman

This is the cousin whom I acquired the group from; he really looked up to his older cousin still very evident decades later and  the love of a family never dies and neither does the pain.

EAA23A0F-6BCC-4783-89F5-5D3F977F150D.jpeg

Kurt Barickman

Paramarines folded and broken up and on to F/2/27th Marine Regiment, 5th Marine Division.

718C46D6-03F5-4297-B7FA-BBF180AD77FC.jpeg