USMC Camillus knife ? era ?

Squale69

Hello,

Could you please help me identifying this Camillus knife /+ scabbard with USMC insignia ?

What era ? Pre / Post Vietnam war ?

It obviously has been reused as there is a new mark on the blade (French Army I think...)

Thank you for the feedbacks.

P.A

Couteau Camillus USMC_1.jpg

Couteau Camillus USMC_2.jpg

Couteau Camillus USMC_3.jpg

Couteau Camillus USMC_4.jpg

Couteau Camillus USMC_5.jpg

Agree with the above.  Also the sheath appears to be one that Camillus used with their reproduction M3's which started in the early 1990's.

While this knife post dates the time for Camillus's Government contracts, I have documentation that I've posted here in the past that shows Camillus continued to fill orders for at least AAFES, (ArmyAirForceExchangeServices) for sale in the PX/BX system.  I know that little tidbit does nothing to help make things clearer here, and anything about matching that knife to that sheath would be purely a WAG.

As sactroop stated, the knife is a later version designed for the commercial market, ie PX sales etc.  The updated logo is the clue. The scabbard is a 90s Camillus version for their reproduction M3s. The stamp on the blade could be a military unit who purchased these at some point, or a personal purchase or a going away gift with  his unit engraved,  all we can do is speculate.  SKIP

• 4 weeks later...