A few early homefront pennants and aviation-related banner.

rustywings

rustywings

No particular rhyme or reason for my collecting habits when it comes to old military related pennants and banners... although I am attracted to most homefront relics tied to early US military aviation.

Here's a fairly large WWI era banner (44 inches wide) related to the Signal Corps, "Aviation Section", based in Waco, Texas. I'm not sure in what capacity or manner this banner would have been displayed in its day?  Not specifically related, but below it, a very large 1918 dated Signal Corps pennant.  Please feel free to share any information or ideas you may have concerning the "832nd."

Homefront 1.jpg

Homefront 2.jpg

Homefront 3.jpg

rustywings

Here's a couple of WWI era USAS related homefront banners.  I believe the top pennant is USAS Officer Pilot related, while the bottom pennant may have been in accknowledgement of an Enlisted Pilot or Ground Mechanic. The top pennant is in very nice condition, while the bottom example does have a few moth nips...  

Homefront 4.jpg

rustywings

Here's a couple of WWI era generic US Army pennants honoring those shipping-out and returning...

Homefront 8.jpg

Homefront 5.jpg

rustywings

A bit earlier than the other pennants, here's a large (48 inches wide) 1916 US Army - Mexican Border War pennant representing Company F, 74th Infantry. What appears to be a dark stain under the word "Mexican" is actually a reflection off the shrink-wrap and poor camera skills on my part...

Homefront 9.jpg

Homefront 10.jpg

Those are a beautiful set of pennants/banners!  The condition and vibrant colors are just outstanding! Thanks for sharing.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

These are particularly nice pendants, both due to rarity, and condition.  Exceptional.  I've been collecting for 30 years and I've never crossed paths with anything like them.

Thank you CagedFalcon, GWS, Billl and Mr. Jerry for your positive responses and shared collecting insight!