Early post-war McCord helmets

kmmt0

Hi everyone,

I got another three M1 helmets in my collection today. Two of them had a heat stamp. One (the lighter green) should be a Dana (stamp 7361 in the dome upside down) and the other one is a McCord with a really low number (M-5A).

The third one (darker green, looks like the painting chipped off in a line around the dome, maybe becouse of a rubber band) does not have any stamps, but the dome, the painting and the silica texture looks just the same as the early post-war McCord I have in my collection (M 313). Even the bail looks like a McCord and different from the two Danas I have.

Does McCord helmets without stamps exist?

The helmet stamped M-5A is also looks interesting. The color looks like a late ww2 to me, different from the korean war era helmets I have, and darker than the ones used in vietnam. It looks like its overpainted with a thick layer, but with the same color. Maybe its a really early helmet, produced right after the war. Or a vietnam repaint in a quite dark shade?

What do you think? I can only compare them to the other helmets I have, but would be happy to know more about them.

Best regards,

Mátég1314.png.3dc3ac9314cffd9f858fbcc8a10eec71.png