2nd Division M1 on ebay…

saunders13

Has 141 watchers, so yes there is an ample amount of interest....Could be legit, but the seller has no return policy.....Bodes

I'm at the point where I consider all painted helmets fake. I bought one not too long ago that was sketchy at best but was nowhere near 2k. I like it but I also don't believe it to be genuine in the slightest. 2k and a no return policy makes me leery. 

manayunkman

No return policies do not stop returns as eBay guarantees it.

We have a no return policy on our eBay account but still take returns.

A no return policy does not equal fake.

Simon Lerenfort

Looks very much like a nice original lid with a very recent insignia addition. Looks far too bright and distinctive to be original. Also originals seem to be placed higher up the helmet rather than directly above the brim.

Simon Lerenfort
28 minutes ago, ArchangelDM said:

All the information you need not too bid is in the painted insignia 

and in the starting price...

I know the seller. He often starts his auctions at 9.99. A low price isnt any indicator of originality if so 99 cent start auctions should really be suspect. 

Helmet was found in Michigan. He does take returns and is an honest seller and selling as he found it. 

Always hard to tell with out an item in hand and with the lighting from a photo box or flash makes things look a lot brighter. If he was trying to "hide" something or "slip one by" everyone then use bad pictures not the detailed ones provided.. He strives to take the best he can. At the end of the day its the buyer who has to be satisfied if original or not.

5 hours ago, manayunkman said:

No return policies do not stop returns as eBay guarantees it.

We have a no return policy on our eBay account but still take returns.

A no return policy does not equal fake.

I believe you have to prove item isn't as stated....If you have to prove it's a fake, it may come down to his word against yours...Bodes

mccauslandpara1944

No red flags that I can see. The insignia looks original. Of course inspecting it in hand is the best way to determine authenticity, but this one looks good.