two unknown navy rates

all-bull

John Stacey usually attends the Show of Shows in Louisville(March 5-8), and I plan to look him up and seek his help.

-fritz

Hi,

Did anyone find information about the patch in question?

Jason

John Stacey was not at the SOS so I was unable to get his opinion on this patch. I did ask a couple of other dealers but no one had any information regarding the patch ID.

-fritz

Thank you guys so much!! I really hope we can get an ID on this patch. It has become quite interesting trying to find out what some patches really are! THANKS AGAIN!! I hope we can solve this!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has made any progress in identifying the "S" patch. That patch just joined my collection and just wanted to follow up. Thanks to all who have tried to identify it.

~Rabbit

post-4247-1241072734.jpg

• 2 months later...

I found the patch in question in an eBay auction ending today, 07/14/09. It says that this patch is a WWII United States Navy "A" school at NTC Sampson, NY patch.

eBay Item #350223370028

Image from the auction for reference:

post-4247-1247593982.jpg

I found the patch in question in an eBay auction ending today, 07/14/09. It says that this patch is a WWII United States Navy "A" school at NTC Sampson, NY patch.

eBay Item #350223370028

Image from the auction for reference:

Yes, I saw that auction too. I should email him and ask him where he got that info.

Jason

Yes, I saw that auction too. I should email him and ask him where he got that info.

Jason

See the first page of this thread on where he got his information from an older ASMIC newsletter...

-dan