question about Distinguished Aerial Bomber badge

Tinley100

Good Morning and thanks for taking time to look, Recently acquired badge, from examples seen - these are normally marked on the back, this one is not marked. My question is would there possibly have been any that were unmarked and why would it be unmarked.  In my research I havent been able to find any reproductions, and thats why I am asking.

Thank you again for taking time to look.

194.jpg

194-1.jpg

You don't see many original examples out there, and my gut is telling me that this is not an original. First, the details look rather "soft" as they are not very sharp. I do not believe this example to be die-struck.

Allan

Yes, I thought about bidding on this one but the fact it did not have any markings stopped me.  I do like the way the back side looks with the drop in barrel clasp but the front, especially the hanger, does seem a bit to soft a strike to me.   Possible "test" striking?  IDK.  Oh, and there ARE fakes out there, I bought one of each decades ago as fillers.  I will see if I can find them and post some pics for reference.  All my stuff is still boxed up from my last move.

32 minutes ago, LuftStalg1 said:

Yes, I thought about bidding on this one but the fact it did not have any markings stopped me.  I do like the way the back side looks with the drop in barrel clasp but the front, especially the hanger, does seem a bit to soft a strike to me.   Possible "test" striking?  IDK.  Oh, and there ARE fakes out there, I bought one of each decades ago as fillers.  I will see if I can find them and post some pics for reference.  All my stuff is still boxed up from my last move.

Thanks, I took a shot and didnt pay much- was surprised I won. The auction had alot of good early AAF stuff. I think alot of people didnt bid because of the lack of back markings

here is a known and advertised reproduction from *************** Gallery- the only reproduction I could find. I am sure that reproductions have been made but do the fronts look different?                               The *************** has the black background- the other has the white

3451.jpg

194.jpg