Vintage Ammo Cartridge Belt

AKA Col William Westlake

AKA Col William Westlake

Hello from Grand Rapids, MI. 

Any ideas on the value and best place to sell the ammo belt below and a "Quite Birdmen Wallet Member Card?

I am trying to determine correct name, age, and value of the attached ammo belt. There does not appear to be any writing on the ammo belt as to it's origins. This was inherited from my great great uncle, Colonel William Westlake.

He was an "Assistant to Director of Army Air Forces" January 1943 - December 1945 . https://www.afpaaa.org/pa-leaders.html  Colonel William Westlake was a member of the "Quiet Birdmen".

He traveled the world and was a collector of numerous vintage items.

I believe he often reported to Hap Arnold.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

IMG_0841.JPEG

IMG_0842.JPEG

IMG_0843.JPEG

IMG_0844.JPEG

IMG_0845.JPEG

IMG_0846.JPEG

IMG_0848.JPEG

IMG_0849.JPEG

IMG_0850.JPEG

IMG_0851.JPEG

Brian Keith

Hello,

Not sure what that is, but it is not an ammunition belt and those belt hooks are not US military. Very strange!

BKW

Looks like version of a first aid belt/bandoleer. 

I have something similar from MSA (Mine Safety Appliance) Same type hardware and  a single strap. My understanding is mine is a commercial item used in factories or job sites for for First Aid Station or use.

It might also be a private purchase personal hygiene/shaving kit.  I’ve seen similar pouches that could be tied around the waist.  The loops held the tooth brush, soap box, razor and other items.  

AKA Col William Westlake
3 hours ago, Brian Keith said:

Hello,

Not sure what that is, but it is not an ammunition belt and those belt hooks are not US military. Very strange!

BKW

Brian

I really appreciate your input. Everything helps.

3 hours ago, Brian Keith said:

Hello,

BKW

1 hour ago, doyler said:

Looks like version of a first aid belt/bandoleer. 

I have something similar from MSA (Mine Safety Appliance) Same type hardware and  a single strap. My understanding is mine is a commercial item used in factories or job sites for for First Aid Station or use.

Doyler

thank you for the education. I truly appreciate it.

AKA Col William Westlake
1 hour ago, Old Marine said:

It might also be a private purchase personal hygiene/shaving kit.  I’ve seen similar pouches that could be tied around the waist.  The loops held the tooth brush, soap box, razor and other items.  

Old Marine

I never would’ve thought of that. Thank you for the insight. Much appreciated. thank you for your service.