• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
CliffP

Airship Pilot wing badge die - Making a badge

The 1/2 wings were used for a variety of things, including as a kite or fixed balloon pilot, sea plane crew and aviation cadet.

As a general rule of thumb if it was capable of independent flight, then the pilot wore the full wings.

There is a book called "Contact" (I think that is the title but I may be wrong) that lists the first 6-10,000 naval aviators and provides a brief biosketch. I'll see if I can dig up my copy and see what they have to say about your guy.

Patrick

Again I appreciate your help and look forward to your reply. Ironically, I did find the ww2wings site after I'd posted here earlier this afternoon. Lots of valuable information, especially when clicking on the pics.

yep. Bob has done the most incredible job of putting together his webpage. Best. One. Ever.!!!

And I'm not saying that because I owe him money hah!

I wish you owed me money Patrick, then I could buy some more wings. Ha. Thanks for the kind words guys. It's much appreciated. Just wish I had more time to update the site. I'm sitting on about 40+ updates right now. Thanks for the patience everyone who submitted new items. I promise I will get them out to the site.