In honor of Independence Day I recorded a travel & history guide to the Battle of Yorktown

TheEducatorPodcast

I run The Educator Podcast: Walking History and I just visited the extremely well preserved and restored battlefield at the Battle of Yorktown. It was quite the experience! It's one thing to learn about important places and events in history from a book, but it's something else entirely to stand on the sites yourself and visualize the past happening around you.

In honor of Independence Day I decided to visit this battlefield and the surrounding area. In the episode I discuss the history and background of the battle in detail, and then talk about what it's like to visit the area today, how the terrain played a crucial role in the battle, and visitor information including cost and what you can expect to see when you go there. I hope you check it out! If you like it I've recorded a variety of other episodes on other historic sites, including many Civil War battles. Please consider rating and subscribing, it's the best way to help get word out about the show.

https://www.theeducatorpodcast.com/walking-history