Flare Gun?

otter42

Brian Keith

Interesting, but flair guns don't need or generally have sights. This appears to be a home built or underground built firearm. Lots of place around the world where firearms are unobtainable, people make them. 

Thanks for posting it.

BKW  

Backtheattack

Looks to me like a zipgun, too. With the trigger as point it could have a calibre of .45.

Got more detailed photos. The rod under the barrel is a shell extractor. Looks like an Anchor or a 4 on the barrel.  Couldn't find any more markings.  

20210625_161141.jpg

20210625_162042.jpg

20210625_162013.jpg

20210625_161202.jpg

iron bender

Definitely not a flare gun (that I'm aware of). I agree with the above about .45, possibly .410. Smoothbore too. I really want to shoot that handsome pistol! That would be a perfect little shotgun for out in the wild!

Charlie Flick

I don't recognize it but am wondering if it could be an example of a Viet Cong or other guerilla or underground army made firearm.  The VC came up with some amazing stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/25/2021 at 9:38 PM, iron bender said:

Definitely not a flare gun (that I'm aware of). I agree with the above about .45, possibly .410. Smoothbore too. I really want to shoot that handsome pistol! That would be a perfect little shotgun for out in the wild!

I would be inclined to agree. Usually flare guns don't have sights on them. It looks like a .45 caliber VC or Chinese adaption. (Or some sort of knock-off adapted pistol.) It doesn't look like a factory pistol to me. Interesting find.

Best Regards,

Connor