Preserving decals

STONEY

greetings everyone,

would anyone have ideas to preserve decals, so they won’t stick to glass in riker cases under glass etc?

thanks in advance,

stoney

Stoney,

I would take a high resolution photo of the decal. Place the original in a cellophane envelope, display both together, maybe staggered. Put a desiccant packet in the rikers to help with moisture.

Bob

Moved this to the "Preservation" board, as there might be other members who can help, too!

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 6:10 PM, 72psb said:

Stoney,

I would take a high resolution photo of the decal. Place the original in a cellophane envelope, display both together, maybe staggered. Put a desiccant packet in the rikers to help with moisture.

Bob

Thank you kindly!

On 6/22/2021 at 6:41 PM, stratasfan said:

Moved this to the "Preservation" board, as there might be other members who can help, too!

Thanks 

I second the acid-free , yada-yada envelope. I went down into the basement the other day and this is what has happened to my '70s Colnago Super. Decals, even when already applied and tight can go off. I assume these are original to the 70s frame. I did have a few warm days before the new HVAC this year but the basement never got "hot". It's not wet down there so not sure what happened. Decals were fine when I hung it up maybe 10yrs ago. I can imagine if that happened to a rare decaled M-1 liner or such.

Dave

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail1.jpg