sealed case of M7 bayonets with M10 scabbard

phantomfixer

phantomfixer

any idea of value for a sealed case of M7 bayonets with the M10 scabbard, case contains 10 bayonets individually wrapped with scabbard...

I am thinking the value is in the sealed case, as these bayonets are relatively modern issue

The bayonets seem to be priced around $75ish each, but are still somewhat plentiful.  I would think you could find a case of them if you were looking. This maybe be one of those instances where you "buy and hold" for 5 years and then you will see a bump in value on the case.

phantomfixer

Thanks much... I can get a case or two for 300 per case...I didnt want to break up the case as the bayonets, individually, are plentiful...thinking along the same lines as C rations cases are worth more sealed vesus individual groups of C rations...if that makes sense... 

54 minutes ago, phantomfixer said:

C rations cases are worth more sealed

I have sold two sealed 1965 C rations cases since last September, and while I made a lot of money from them, I could have  made a lot more by selling each of the 12 packs with cigarettes individually.  I have also sold several M-7 bayonets that were in original packing and I can't see there being a big market for sealed cases of them. As usual, a seller can be surprised, but if you buy these for resale you should plan to have to sell them one at a time, and hope that there is someone who'd pay a premium for a box full.

phantomfixer

Picking up one case tonight...at 30.00ea...there is still room for me and the next guy...thanks for the input...

• 2 weeks later...

That is a good price for a case. You can retail them at $60 each and double your money. But if you are in for the long game, I would keep it a sealed case. New USGI surplus M7's will eventually dry up, despite how many you see today. I remember when I was a kid (1960's) you could buy WW2 US Garand and carbine bayonets dirt cheap, and they seemed to be unlimited in number. Well, those eventually dried up. Same thing will happen with the M7's, it will just take a few more years.