W.W.2 AMICO WINGS W/ DELAMINATION ON FEATHERS ?

donaldnol

i'am not sure if you call this delaminate but two feathers on this is rolled up and over and was finished process had it for three weeks and finally seen it, and is a ww2 with short clutch pins

005.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

003_LI.jpg

003.JPG

011.JPG

The Rooster

Hi Patrick,

I was wondering what is fake about it or what is making you think its a stinker?

As far as the peeling on front, could that be old lacquer ?

I'm  hoping to learn something here. What are the clues that are jumping out at you ?

If you would Sir ?

I found what looks like the same wing, sold on ebay may21st.

Dave

s-l1600.jpg

2225.jpg

The Rooster

The one thing that jumps out to me is, since it looks as though it was never used and still attached to its original card...

why would the back have dings gouges and scratches? You thinking its cast ? And not die struck ?

Looks slightly puffy , pillowy on back... ?

3 hours ago, pfrost said:

I think it’s a fake. Top to bottom

i suspect a Chinese made repop 

this is my wing that i purchase that day, i know it seems suspicious but can't be sure of it i know the back of it dont look right and clutch pins are too high up on it. and some dings

Patrick,

I'm curious too - this looks like old lacquer to me - and these things have banging for 70+ years, I would expect to see dings etc...  I would have bought it.

Paul

Collector Greg

I sold this wing to Donald on eBay.  I had no reservations about it.  I had it for many years and if I recall correctly, it came with a group of wings in a box including the gold S wings from Shaw Aviation that were subject of discussion many years ago on the forum.  I also looked at some completed auctions and dducksdaughter sold a similar wing as item number 384110883048 and the pin placement looks the same to me (see attached).  Don - if you want to return it, return it at your expense and I will refund the auction price.  It is authentic.

s-l1600.jpg

6 minutes ago, pconrad02 said:

Patrick,

I'm curious too - this looks like old lacquer to me - and these things have banging for 70+ years, I would expect to see dings etc...  I would have bought it.

Paul

ya the seller said it was and i looked closer at this and sure enough its some sort of lacquer 

19 hours ago, The Rooster said:

The one thing that jumps out to me is, since it looks as though it was never used and still attached to its original card...

why would the back have dings gouges and scratches? You thinking its cast ? And not die struck ?

Looks slightly puffy , pillowy on back... ?

there is no scratches just thin black lines no gouges just the one ding and it is die struck i believe it's authentic in every way.THANKS

I see nothing alarming or in doubt with the wing Donald recently posted.  AMICO used a variety of dies and hallmarks to fill their Bombardier badge orders. The attached image depicts three of those variations...  the Amico Eagle hallmark on top; the more common arched hallmark in the center (which appears to be near-identical to Donald's clutchback example); and the larger raised Amico hallmark illustrated on the bottom. 

Amico Bombardiers.jpg