Hello Fellow Enthusiasts !!

MKnopfler

My name is John and I am happy to have found this forum. My love of US military goodies started as a kid like many of us and now as an adult I can collect some of those things.
Love shooting and collecting, will be learning a lot here as sooo much info is available. Thanks for having me !!

A few of my goodies....

20200603_190715.jpg

20200603_190747.jpg

20200331_111212.jpg

20200603_190908 (2).jpg

20200603_191029 (2).jpg

Old Crow 1986

Welcome John!  Good to have you on board.  It's a great place to hang out, share, and learn.

1 hour ago, Old Crow 1986 said:

Welcome John!  Good to have you on board.  It's a great place to hang out, share, and learn.

Thank you, I plan on doing just that.

Welcome to USMF! Looks like you have some seriously fun items there! Out of pure curiosity . . .do you shoot right or lefthanded? Ever tried black powder or do you just do more modern firearms?

15 hours ago, stratasfan said:

Welcome to USMF! Looks like you have some seriously fun items there! Out of pure curiosity . . .do you shoot right or lefthanded? Ever tried black powder or do you just do more modern firearms?

Thank you for the welcome.😊  I shoot right handed, and have only tried black powder at a Cowboy action Shooting event that I attended. It was fun, LOTS of smoke.😂
Do you shoot black powder stratusfan ? if so, what out of ?

12 hours ago, patrick_usmc said:

Welcome to the forum! Beautiful rifles! 

Patrick

Thank you Patrick😀  The M1 Garand is a 1955 Springfield Armory "correct grade" that I picked off the rack at the CMP store in Anniston, Al. The armorer there measured the throat and muzzle erosion, then told me it appeared to have only been test fired for acceptance and then put away. The M14 is an LRB I had built into NM config from all NOS in the wrap parts except for a Sadlak NM Spring Guide and NM TiN Gas Piston + the barrel (Kreiger). It has the NM sights and welded Gas cylinder (built by a Marine Armorer). The AR15 is a Colt LE6920 with lots of goodies inside and out. The 1911 is also a Colt, the Special Combat Government carry model. Still want a Thompson and BAR....those will have to wait until after I hit the lotto !!

patrick_usmc
40 minutes ago, MKnopfler said:

Thank you Patrick😀  The M1 Garand is a 1955 Springfield Armory "correct grade" that I picked off the rack at the CMP store in Anniston, Al. The armorer there measured the throat and muzzle erosion, then told me it appeared to have only been test fired for acceptance and then put away. The M14 is an LRB I had built into NM config from all NOS in the wrap parts except for a Sadlak NM Spring Guide and NM TiN Gas Piston + the barrel (Kreiger). It has the NM sights and welded Gas cylinder (built by a Marine Armorer). The AR15 is a Colt LE6920 with lots of goodies inside and out. The 1911 is also a Colt, the Special Combat Government carry model. Still want a Thompson and BAR....those will have to wait until after I hit the lotto !!

Wow, wonderful! I’d love to get to the CMP store one of these days. 

Welcome and thanks for sharing those beauties, especially my favorite gun in the world, the M1 Garand. ; )))

1 hour ago, jmd62 said:

Welcome and thanks for sharing those beauties, especially my favorite gun in the world, the M1 Garand. ; )))

Thank you for the welcome, and you have excellent taste !!😉

8 hours ago, MKnopfler said:

Thank you for the welcome.😊  I shoot right handed, and have only tried black powder at a Cowboy action Shooting event that I attended. It was fun, LOTS of smoke.😂
Do you shoot black powder stratusfan ? if so, what out of ?

Hi! I actually shoot left-handed (I am ambidextrous and it is a toss-up between what I do lefty and righty). Dad was in a black powder club for a few years when we were growing up (he was more into doing scrimshaw powder horns) and he had to muzzle-loaders. I no longer remember what they were exactly. His was an Italian one, and we had a slightly smaller one (always reminded me of a safari gun). I really enjoy shooting, and liked it, but then found out it can be very dangerous for a lefty to shoot on a righty muzzle-loader, so I stopped. I'd love to have guns for target shooting, just isn't something right now that will happen. But, I really like guns. I'd choose handguns, though, if I can dream! :) 

A friend's Uncle has a Thompson and he brought it to Thanksgiving one year and a bunch of us got to shoot it. He had the straight clip and the round magazine, but we used the smaller one as it was super heavy with the full round! :) We actually cut down a tree with it . . . -grin- 

I do have a throwing ax and like that, although haven't done it in years. I'd LOVE to learn knife throwing! 

As to the smoke . . . I suppose you would say it was, but you kind of get used to it. :) 

Hope you enjoy your time on the forum!