Orlando, FL Militaria?

Hi.

I'll be in the Orlando area next week.  Anyone have any suggestions for any good military shops and historical/military places to visit?  

Thanks in advance for any good ideas.

Regards,

Mikie

No! Stay away, we have a hard enough time finding stuff here! Just kidding.

Just kidding.

I cant recommend any stores/shops in Orlando but if you get a little further up the road there is DMZ in St Augustine Fl.

As far as Military history you may find Valiant Air Command Museum of interest. It is in Titusville Fl just south of Daytona/New Smyrna Fl. A fairly short drive from Orlando.

Further down the road (I-95 South) the UDT/SEAL Museum in Ft Pierce. Thats a great museum to visit.

I am not familiar with any shops or antique stores in Orlando. However there are a few in Sanford and Deland.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting

I should add Mt Dora. Its a short drive out of Orlando. There are a few antique shops. Just before Mt Dora is Rennigers Flea Market & Antique Mall. Flea market maybe a weekend thing but antique mall may be open during the week. One booth in the mall is specific to militaria but i have never seen the booth open. Last time i was there i did see some militaria in another booth. If you are interested in movie props there was a prop uniform attributed to "Windtalkers". Camo P42 apparently used by Christian Slater.

If you google "military museums Florida" you will find there are quite a few in Central Florida. The one in Cocoa (Bervard Veterans Center or something like that) in excellent and free or at least the last time I was there. There is also one in Kissimmee on Irlo Bronson Highway that is not as good but dose have a museum shop that sells actual collectables not just souvenirs. As for shops your best bet is Renningers Antique Market, there are several militaria dealers there but they are only opened on the weekend. If you are still around on 10 July there will be a military show (about 100 tables) at Renningers. 

I'm hoping to maybe have a day of "me" time and hate to waste it on someplace I found on Google that turns out to be a dud. I

Don't worry, Dave, I'll try not  to snag all the good stuff. 

Thanks for all the tips. 

Mikie

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our week in Florida. I managed to check out that museum in Kissimmee. It was ok, but I think there were some errors on a few of the placards. And too many didn't have any placards at all. 

I was too late getting to the Valiant Air museum. I spent too much time at KSC and got there just before closing time. And that was about all the time I had for military stuff. All in all a good trip otherwise. After 3 days, the fam got all Disneyed out there. We visited with the inlaws. Wonderful folks. I married into a great family. 

Thanks again for the suggestions and advice. Maybe next trip I'll check out some of the other spots.

Mikie