Too many models, not enough time

postmanusnac

postmanusnac

I was big into modeling as a teenager and had a ton of fun building with my dad and his brother. As I got older I still had fun, but other hobbies and constantly moving took up all my time. In the early 2000s I was buying kits from Squadron left and right.

Here are some of those that have sat in their boxes for the last 20 years. I swear I’ll work on the some day.

f5b7ea34f3bd3ed8360cfa320721c686.jpg

You just shifted hobbies from model kit builder to model kit collector.  Hope you have fun with them either way!

Mikie   

postmanusnac

That’s a great way of looking at it. One day I’ll build them or I’ll get my son to enjoy modeling as well.

Proud Kraut

Thanks for posting these two. I wish I had bought the Leopold kit when it was still in production. Awesome.

postmanusnac
Thanks for posting these two. I wish I had bought the Leopold kit when it was still in production. Awesome.

Do you want it? Not kidding at all.

postmanusnac

Some more kits… some of these like the Su-122, Bf109, and the command car I at least started on.

d9a46a2ddfc5994799e11b7e71963559.jpg

postmanusnac
Great kits ! Love the 88mm gun one ‘

Thanks! My first flight engineer was a big modeler and he took me under his wing. He showed me a great model shop out in Naha (Okinawa) and I would buy Tamiya kits by the dozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proud Kraut
20 hours ago, postmanusnac said:

Do you want it? Not kidding at all.

This is very kind of you!  I think postage for shipping over the big pond will be huge. I ´ll check if I can find one in one of my favourite modeling shops first. Thanks again!

On 6/17/2021 at 2:22 PM, Proud Kraut said:

Well Lars, in my opinion Leopold would go good with Dora. Hope you get it.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

Manny, yes of course, imagine the direct comparison of these two side by side.

Would be great to see some of these kits here when they are built and painted. Thanks for sharing!

postmanusnac

This is very kind of you!  I think postage for shipping over the big pond will be huge. I ´ll check if I can find one in one of my favourite modeling shops first. Thanks again!

That’s fair! I didn’t really think about the fact you might be across the big pond.

Found another box of kits…. Haha.

ed404e43ef078811d0004a1d6e01565d.jpg

Proud Kraut

Yes, it´s the largest 1/35 scale model I´m aware of with a lengh of about 1,80 meter made by SOAR Art. The original gun was a railway gun with a caliber of 80 cm.

postmanusnac

Holy crap… it’s only $257 on Amazon and it weighs 10lbs… lol… that’s a lot of plastic!

postmanusnac

The last of the kits that I haven’t even touched.  *I did barely get started on the Afrika Korps Tiger 1.

I’ll post some models I’ve actually started of completed later.

image.jpg