Is this a Mid-WWII Liner?

ww2collector1944

ww2collector1944

Good afternoon, can anyone tell me approximately when this liner was made? I recently acquired this and am hoping to have a liner that was representative of what could have been issued in the Normandy Campaign.

The liner has green painted washers and folded over webbing. Also, it looks like the helmet band buckle is painted green. I was thinking this could have been made between 1943-1944? Thank you!

s-l1600.jpeg

s-l16001.jpeg

s-l16002.jpeg

s-l16003.jpeg

Yea, nice liner. Who is the Manufacturer?

I have to check a reference for a specific time but i would say 42-43. It  definately fits your criteria.

High pressure liner with OD green washers were definitely used in Normandy. "Mid war" has always been an acceptable term for such a liner. 

ww2collector1944
4 hours ago, Coldfusion said:

Very nice liner mate... can you post a pic of the Manufacturers mark please?

thank you! I’ll post some pictures once revived. I bought this on ebay with the pictures provided above. 

Looking forward to figuring out who the maker is 👍

ww2collector1944
6 hours ago, Justin said:

High pressure liner with OD green washers were definitely used in Normandy. "Mid war" has always been an acceptable term for such a liner. 

perfect, thank you so much. I wanted to buy a liner that represented what was issued during combat as opposed to the liners with black painted washers that didn’t make it to the front lines until the very end of the war

ww2collector1944
6 hours ago, Dave T said:

Yea, nice liner. Who is the Manufacturer?

I have to check a reference for a specific time but i would say 42-43. It  definately fits your criteria.

thanks Dave! once I have it in hand i’ll post the photos of the maker. Looking forward to figuring out who made it!

Looks like a good one indeed mate.  My guess is its an MSA liner (joking I cant tell but I have 4 Green painted A Washer liners and they are all MSA). Look forward to hearing.  Please update thread when you do and congrats on your "new" liner

Z

ww2collector1944
13 hours ago, Paddyd00 said:

Looks like a good one indeed mate.  My guess is its an MSA liner (joking I cant tell but I have 4 Green painted A Washer liners and they are all MSA). Look forward to hearing.  Please update thread when you do and congrats on your "new" liner

Z

thank you so much! This is actually my first wwii liner so i'm really looking forward to receiving it. Going to pair it with a nice fixed bail my grandfather bought at a swap meet in the 1960's. 

ww2collector1944

Glad the liner arrived safe and sound. Turned out to be manufactured by Westinghouse. Here’s some updated pictures of the liner close up:

73A9E075-FC11-4BD6-ACB2-F29692F1E755.jpeg

9E429B54-0368-4DD9-B6A5-7352F73AFC22.jpeg

2EA966CA-2D9D-4C15-B4E9-B0EE758EA3F6.jpeg

48DD6B08-8E4C-4BE4-A728-133A9EDEB24D.jpeg

086FF217-1D5C-431D-8180-36E6EA33F739.jpeg