My Latest Mitchell M1 Helmet Cover 1963

Coldfusion

Hi there guy's n gal's... I do hope you're all well and dandy?!

I have owned a 1974 Mitchell cover for several years now, but wanted a 1960's one for my Nam lid, as I it didn't feel right to me having a '74' on it, even though the war was still ongoing, but I've just won another at auction here in England.

I myself am overjoyed with it, as I have never seen one this early for sale before, and just had to have it!!! 

It will no doubt be expensive compared to buying one in the US but this is England and anything like this invariably has an exorbitant price tag... however, considering any date Mitchell covers never sell for less that £35 or $49 (at the current exchange rate) here in the UK, I think I've had a right result myself!

I won it for (including shipping) £40.38 or $56.86... I was willing to throw more money at it, so I'm really pleased I got it for this price!

I hope you like it as the condition is really good IMHO 😁👍

Mitch '63' 00.jpg

Mitch '63' 0.jpg

Mitch '63' 01.jpg

Mitch '63' 02.jpg

Mitch '63' 03.jpg

Mitch '63' 04.jpg

Mitch '63' 05.jpg

Mitch '63' 06.jpg

Very nice looking cover, early Nam covers are getting harder and harder to find. $57 dollars is a very reasonable price for a cover in this condition, IMO. 

Recently on Ebay US a clean 1963 cover sold for $122.50. Even years ago mitchells were hitting over $100 for clean early dated covers.

The good stuff pops up less and less. 

Great cover, when it's set up on a helmet set please share.

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Very nice looking cover, early Nam covers are getting harder and harder to find. $57 dollars is a very reasonable price for a cover in this condition, IMO. 

Recently on Ebay US a clean 1963 cover sold for $122.50. Even years ago mitchells were hitting over $100 for clean early dated covers.

The good stuff pops up less and less. 

Great cover, when it's set up on a helmet set please share.

Hi there Justin,

Thank you for your comments mate, I considered it an absolutely brilliant buy and very lucky to find... the guy selling it at a 1964 cover for sale to but I was out bid on that puppy sadly! 

As it happens I have just today received notification that an Ingersoll shell (heat stamp number: I 2351) I purchased from the US a couple of weeks ago, has just arrived in England, so hopefully I can expect delivery in a couple of days time! And I will of course post pics of the new lid in the new cover 😆😁👍

Thank you once again mate,

My very kindest regards,

Ian.

2 hours ago, jmd62 said:

Very nice addition to your collection Ian, congrats!!

1 hour ago, CavalryCombatant said:

Very nice cover, can’t wait to see it on a lid!

Thank you very much guy's... looking forward to posting pics of my new Ingersoll with the new cover 😆😁👍

My very kindest regards,

Ian.

3 minutes ago, cagedfalcon said:

Very nice

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Thank you cagedfalcon, I'm well pleased with it 😁😆👍