TAPS - Ron Fischer

JBFloyd

Long-time US medal collector Ron Fischer died in hospice on Saturday, 12 June 2021.

Ron started off as a Third Reich collector, but soon switched over to US medals. His range was extensive, covering all military and civilian awards of all periods. He had a special interest in the Philippine Campaign and medals of the Philippines.

He was a 1964 graduate of VMI, Vietnam veteran, long-time OMSA member, fellow of the Company of Military Historians and a fixture in the US medal collecting community.

Sorry to hear of Ron’s passing - He and Al Gleim were always the guys that you wanted to talk to at OMSA Conventions to gain knowledge on our hobby along with being George Studley’s Son in Law he had great stories 

R.I.P. Ron

I remember Ron quite well mainly from OMSA conventions.  I first ran into him via his research services from IDPFs back in the 80s.  He was often the best and quickest source of research back then.  I'm sure that many who read these posts have dealt with Ron, adding to their collections.  Another great source of information now gone from our community.  Peace, Ron!