USN Qas Parachute rig

airborneaviator

pararaftanr2
1 hour ago, airborneaviator said:

We’ve got a pretty solid 1945 trend going here. Hard to argue with it though, all of these kits are fantastic. At some point I’ll have to get into the late war game

Here's a pre-1945 AN QAS harness, made by Pioneer. The pack that will ultimately be displayed with it is still a work in progress though. 

20210618_202201.jpg

20210324_194722.jpg

20210324_194900.jpg

20210319_193608.jpg

20210319_193824.jpg

airborneaviator

I imagine it must be pretty uncommon to find an AF contract QAS pack tray! What’s your plan for it? I’m debating if I want to try and hunt down an original canopy for mine. In the interim I’ll probably just go with one of The Rigger Depots foam fillers. 

airborneaviator
Just now, airborneaviator said:

I imagine it must be pretty uncommon to find an AF contract QAS pack tray! What’s your plan for it? I’m debating if I want to try and hunt down an original canopy for mine. In the interim I’ll probably just go with one of The Rigger Depots foam fillers. 

pararaftanr2
14 minutes ago, airborneaviator said:

The packing card was still in the pocket. It came from NAS San Diego and was put in storage in 1947. I have a canopy, so will repack it and add an AN-6520-1, then display it at the feet of the mannequin pictured above in Post #51.

• 1 month later...
airborneaviator

Shoutout to the Rigger Depot for getting the chute back into action! Super happy with how it came out. Now I just need a Hellcat to display it in 😂.

72271EC0-195E-41C9-876A-4B60907B9752.jpeg

E70D37C3-040A-4E66-BD87-BE3BE4509BA6.jpeg

0B54A744-0EE0-4CE2-AE24-DBC43178E2CD.jpeg

609F5C5A-E033-44CF-914D-B6970B7BA942.jpeg

Good work! How you contact with Josh? I tried contact with him in past 1.5 years but he reply on my email only twice and after that zero contact...

Regards,

Jerry

airborneaviator

I just sent him an email. He did mention he just finished a film though.

6 hours ago, jerry_k said:

Good work! How you contact with Josh? I tried contact with him in past 1.5 years but he reply on my email only twice and after that zero contact...

Regards,

Jerry

I just sent him an email. He did mention that he’d just finished work on a film though

16 minutes ago, airborneaviator said:

I just sent him an email. He did mention he just finished a film though.

I just sent him an email. He did mention that he’d just finished work on a film though

Thanks for info. I tried to catch him yesterday AGAIN. I hope now it will works!

Take care,

Jerry