Period original or fake serial number on Legion of Merit

Normandie

Hello,

I am thinking about adding this cased and numbered Legion of Merit to my collection as I am searching for this big serial number type for a while now. The medal itself looks period sterling piece with correct wrap brooch but the character-type used in the serial number made me thinking about its authenticity. Is the numbering correct and all original or added later to enhance the value of the medal?

Can anybody who owns a numbered Legion of Merit with these big digits and possibly number 7 and 0 is present in the serial number add some pictures for comparison? It would be great to compare how the numbers look like. Also, what is the value and fair price of this cased, numbered piece with an average condition case and ribbon bar, minus lapel pin?

Many thanks in advance for the help,

Bence

1.PNG

2.PNG

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

The number looks to me. I've seen others with that type of font. Since they aren't traceable by number it serves no purpose to fake a number. I don't have an opinion on pricing. It's a nice example.

G2

Thank you for the input and feedback regarding this piece. I am convinced now to add this piece to my collection.