1937 twin prop flight wing bracelet

graham

picked up this bracelet the other day. it has what appears to be a flight engineer wing but with only a two blade prop. it has M.L.C and the date 1937. Now as the four blade prop flight engineer wing came out late in ww2 could this be a pre war unofficial wing. the reverse is marked STERLING with a small apple makers mark, which is J.F.Apple Co, 120e Chestnut st, Lancaster, PA. Your comments please.

Graham

post-4927-1233774203.jpg

:

Very nice bracelet. thumbsup.gif

Being dated 1937 with only a two bladed prop it was probably made for someone who qualified to be a pilot in that year ... either civilian or military.

cp

Howdy,

IMHO, these likely represent a person who graduated from one of the civilian pilot schools that were becoming very popular during that time period.

Patrick

I'm reasonably certain this bracelet represents some sort of civlian aviation qualification.

The shape of the wings is wrong for USAAF/USAF wings, and the Flight Engineer wings were a fairly late-war design, so 1937 would be way to early to represent those wings.

Still a very nice aviation related item!

Steve

I'm reasonably certain this bracelet represents some sort of civlian aviation qualification.

The shape of the wings is wrong for USAAF/USAF wings, and the Flight Engineer wings were a fairly late-war design, so 1937 would be way to early to represent those wings.

Still a very nice aviation related item!

Steve

Good point! I overlooked the '37 date. Maybe a dumb question, does anyone know exactly

when the Flight Engineer wing was issued for wear. Late '44 or '45?

J.D.