FB Market place find: 98th ID Ike jacket and unit decorated Japanese flag

Timberwolf

Took a gamble on a pretty plain looking 98th ID ike and it paid off. Purchased right from the vet’s son and he included the flag, copies of his photos, and some original paper items for free. Pythia vet served in L Co 390th IR. Per the son he served as a swimming instructor while stationed in Hawaii. The flag is faded but has some great artwork on it!

Hope you all enjoy.

6F313B70-5126-4E69-8E6F-07F97FE716B3.jpeg

48BBA557-390B-4A6C-B88C-D70999BA8506.jpeg

96636AFF-3AA7-4FC3-84E9-E1489C052AB8.jpeg

F8F11244-6375-49CE-94EA-A713B1F3C5DC.jpeg

Brian Keith

Very nice group! Love the photos. I wouldn't have a problem restoring the pin-on insignia, as lone as it was noted they were replacements. We see he had the Good Conduct medal, Pacific theatre and the Expert Infantry Badge, little doubt he wore Infantry branch insignia.

Thanks for posting it.

BKW

38 minutes ago, Brian Keith said:

Very nice group! Love the photos. I wouldn't have a problem restoring the pin-on insignia, as lone as it was noted they were replacements. We see he had the Good Conduct medal, Pacific theatre and the Expert Infantry Badge, little doubt he wore Infantry branch insignia.

Thanks for posting it.

BKW

I normally just keep stuff as is but I’m going to see if maybe the son can dig around some more and find them.