513th PIR Pocket Patch

I have been offered this patch in trade but I know very little about airborne patches. I have searched the forum and Google and cannot find a similar example. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this one before I continue with the trade. I apologize but these are the only two photos I have at the moment. 

Thank you!

-Ryan 

IMG952243~2.jpg

IMG952244~2.jpg

Not a good one.... 

Reminds me of the Andrew Butler/ Old Club patches from England  due to the heavy thread on the back.  Butler Fakes typically are on a wool felt base and of the squadron patches. They have been around since the mid- late 1980s I recall.

Thor996

definitely not a good patch. See good examples in Emblems of Honor -Airborne by the Keller Brothers.

27 minutes ago, Thor996 said:

definitely not a good patch. See good examples in Emblems of Honor -Airborne by the Keller Brothers.

Thanks. I'm working on getting a copy of that. Patches are not my area, so I've been putting it off. 

41 minutes ago, doyler said:

Not a good one.... 

Reminds me of the Andrew Butler/ Old Club patches from England  due to the heavy thread on the back.  Butler Fakes typically are on a wool felt base and of the squadron patches. They have been around since the mid- late 1980s I recall.

Thanks Doyler, I really appreciate the input. 

Thor996
43 minutes ago, RDUNE said:

Thanks. I'm working on getting a copy of that. Patches are not my area, so I've been putting it off. 

All the Keller books are really good. Also if you're not in ASMIC consider it, and so is Hans De Bree's book.

Bill Scott

Here is a real one the way they are suppose to look.Scotty

513thf22521.jpg

513thb22521_orig.jpg