Aerial Gunner Wings Identification?

Daytonian777

Daytonian777

Hello everyone! I just purchased these Gunner Wings and was wondering if anyone could identify the manufacturer? I've attached photos to help with any identification that can be had. Also, I've attached a link from ww2wings.com for comparison. Thank you in advance for any help!  😀

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/usaaf/gunner/graduationpatterngunner.shtml

Gunner1.jpg

Gunner3.jpg

Gunner2.jpg

Daytonian777

@5thwingmarty Thank you very much for the response! I did some research on A.H. Dondero, Inc. and found some interesting history about the company. I really appreciate your help. 

On 6/9/2021 at 8:49 PM, Daytonian777 said:

Hello everyone! I just purchased these Gunner Wings and was wondering if anyone could identify the manufacturer? I've attached photos to help with any identification that can be had. Also, I've attached a link from ww2wings.com for comparison. Thank you in advance for any help!  😀

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/usaaf/gunner/graduationpatterngunner.shtml

Gunner1.jpg

Gunner3.jpg

Gunner2.jpg

its a regular constant pattern from W.W.2 some had sterling stamp in three different low cows and some had closed shoulder variants leading into postwar types, useally never stamp with a makers name

I think you will be hard pressed to find the actual maker of these badges.  One of the most common of the gunner wings out there, a neat pattern but I don't think it will be easily identified.

Daytonian777

@pfrost Thanks for the answer! I'm in the process of building a set of wings representative of a B-17 crew and didn't have an Aerial Gunner wing, so I recently picked this up on eBay for a great price. I love researching different manufacturers, but as my collection has grown, I really like the unmarked "Graduation" wings. Also, I personally like the clutch backs vs pin backs. They tend to be more reasonable in price, thus I am able to get more bang for my buck!