Blank firing guns/ Simulated fire

LIFER

I know there's an M 1911, but don't recall who makes it. The same for an M-16.  Are there more than one company?

If so, which is the better bang for the buck? (couldn't resist) 

Also, is there an M60? 

• 3 months later...
LE LOUP DES MERS

As far as blanks go, a m60 or M16 has never been made. You will never find a company that makes or sells a blank firing m60 or 16. The way people do blank firing 16s and 60s is they buy parts kits and do semi auto builds. Or they buy from companies that make replica semi auto versions. Then reenactors buy a blank fire adaptor that screws onto the barrel/behind the flash hider (flash hider has to be removed first). You also need a barrel for blanks. You can buy a blank barrel or you can use an AR barrel for the 16 but you have to take that to a gun smith to get it to work. As far as full auto goes I don't know who people do it for the 16 but I know by talking to different reenactors it can be done and no class 3 is required as it just shoots blanks. Same applies to the 60 as the 16. 

LE LOUP DES MERS

Here is what the blank fire adapter looks like for the 16. At the end of the day you will have to at least fork out $1200 to $2500 and maybe even more, for a blank fire 16 (not sure how much a 60 would cost) it depends on the company you get the receiver from or what company is making the replica semi auto 16. For example colt or Brownell etc 

images.jpeg