Unknown Wing Pattern / Maker - Help needed...

Basic Rifleman

Hello,

I recently picked up this set of wings online and was curious if anyone recognizes the pattern. They came with a very nice enameled metal 505th oval, and they came from the Pickrall estate.  jump1.jpg.885b1ff69849eb589070f0a75db90057.jpgjump2.jpg.90959ba8321cd4d38cac57b0fdd1e3dd.jpg Sadly, there's no makers mark to make this easy, but I bought them because the pattern intrigued me, and I don't recall seeing any others exactly like it. Any help Identifying the manufacturer of these wings would be greatly appreciated.

I've seen a number of these before and have always thought they were post war German occupation era pieces.   The front of your wing resembles the ones made by Assmann with the stylized "A" hallmark and three digit number hallmarked on the reverse.  However the backs are different in that these have a dished out area along each side of the chute while the Assmann wings are mostly flat (see photos).  The majority of the ones I have come across are not marked except I've seen one hallmarked STERLING.  There is also a senior level version of the wing (see photo) but I have never come across a master level version of this wing.  Your wing was modified by the wearer by removing all detail from the top of the parachute which is something you come across frequently as I would image it makes the piece pop out on the uniform more when polished.

Assmann Unmarked CB (6).jpg

Assmann Unmarked CB (7).jpg

Assmann 265 Basic Para (2).jpg

Assmann 265 Basic Para (1).jpg

Assmann unmarked senior para (1).jpg

Assmann unmarked senior para (2).jpg

triplecanopy

I agree completely with Tonomachi. I have seen a number of these jump wings and while they do look like Assmann made wings from the front, the back tells a different story. Perhaps some other unknown maker made them with the enhanced detailed wings. I have seen a master, but it was obviously cast. While these are not common, I would believe that a fair number of them are out there.

Here are some examples I have or have seen. If anyone can ID the maker, it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2241.jpeg

IMG_2242.jpeg

Screenshot_20210607-170100_eBay.jpg

jump2.jpg.90959ba8321cd4d38cac57b0fdd1e3dd.jpg

triplecanopy

Looks like I grabbed the wrong back side photo for the above comment. The correct one is below

IMG_2243.jpeg

While the first wing is German made, I would add that it is decidedly post WWII- probably being made sometime in the 1950's or 60's. It is definitely NOT immediate post-war.

Allan

Basic Rifleman

Thank you both for taking the time to share your expertise regarding these jump wings. I've included pictures of the 505th enameled brass oval it came with. A had a feeling it was German made, but am far from an expert, and didn't want to include my opinions in the initial posting. As you can see, the oval is also absent of a makers mark, but hopefully someone will see something these untrained eyes don't see in the construction of this piece. It's really well made and appears to be brass with really thick, vibrant enamel. Perhaps if the oval is determined to be of German origin, it might draw a closer connection to the wings being made in Germany as well. Thanks again!

jump4.jpg

jump3.jpg