Is this M1 liner US please guys?

Coldfusion

Coldfusion

Hi again guy's n gal's, I do hope you're all well?!

I recently purchased an Ingersoll Vietnam era M1 helmet shell  heat stamp number '1  2351' (does anybody know the year please)

But it has no liner... I have a chance of getting a liner from the Republic of Croatia, however I don't recognise the makers mark so am unsure if it's just another misidentified Euro clone liner like 90% of US lids and liners are in Europe... do any of you guys recognise it please?

The seller says its 1972, but after zooming in on the makers mark it appears to have 1977 above the cross on it... Now I own a duel stamp Westinghouse/Capac 51-52 Korean issue liner that you guys told me was the year of manufacture on that liner, so am I correct in assuming the '77' that I can clearly see on the maker mark refers to the year of manufacture???

Many thanks in advance guys and my very kindest regards,

Ian.

M1L 01.jpg

M1L 02.jpg

M1L 03.jpg

M1L 04.jpg

M1L 05.jpg

M1L 06.jpg

M1L 07.jpg

The Rooster

Hey Buddy,

Thats a late model liner. Has the removable webbing.

Not sure if those were used in Nam ?

And 77? May be the manufacture date.

You could prob find a 60's liner with fixed webbing?

Dont think its euro? Not positive though.

Dont think euro liners ever had that type of removable webbing.

GI

The date of liner will be in the stamping here, the 77 in the dome will be what I think is the Mold Number or something, the stamping, can't really make it out because of the blurry method of the stamping, happens some times this way, the stamping is applied sloppily, gets shifted etc. but the top wording will be LINER, HELMET GROUND TROOPS TYPE I

image.png.12af41de108015a2150f32788d2dfe30.png

Coldfusion
35 minutes ago, The Rooster said:

Hey Buddy,

Thats a late model liner. Has the removable webbing.

Not sure if those were used in Nam ?

And 77? May be the manufacture date.

You could prob find a 60's liner with fixed webbing?

Dont think its euro? Not positive though.

Dont think euro liners ever had that type of removable webbing.

Hey there my brother, just messaged you actually LOL... Thank you for the input gentlemen, I appreciate your comments... I was fairly certain (if in fact it is a US liner) that it was a late model and not Nam, so not going to buy that now... I'll be patient and onw will turn up sooner or later 😃

Many thanks once again guys

6 minutes ago, patches said:

GI

The date of liner will be in the stamping here, can't really make it out because of the blurry method of the stamping, happens some times this way, the stamping is applied sloppily, gets shifted etc.

image.png.12af41de108015a2150f32788d2dfe30.png

The 77 is most likely the mold number used to make this one. Yours looks to be 1983 dated (as many were). This model was first seen 1972/73 and was the first liner to have replaceable webbing. I have a stack of these and have been selling them with NOS webbing and nape straps for $30.

M1 stamp.jpg

Coldfusion
2 hours ago, MattS said:

The 77 is most likely the mold number used to make this one. Yours looks to be 1983 dated (as many were). This model was first seen 1972/73 and was the first liner to have replaceable webbing. I have a stack of these and have been selling them with NOS webbing and nape straps for $30.

M1 stamp.jpg

Hi there MattS,

Thank you very for you assistance mate, you're a star... Definitely won't be buying that liner for my Ingersoll shell LOL Thank you once again mate!

4 hours ago, Coldfusion said:

Hi there MattS,

Thank you very for you assistance mate, you're a star... Definitely won't be buying that liner for my Ingersoll shell LOL Thank you once again mate!

If you want a correct Vietnam helmet, look for a P55 or P64 liner as they were the most common. That’s not to say there weren’t some WW2 liners still in service 20 years later. 
http://www.vietnamgear.com/equipment.aspx?cat=1

Coldfusion
38 minutes ago, MattS said:

If you want a correct Vietnam helmet, look for a P55 or P64 liner as they were the most common. That’s not to say there weren’t some WW2 liners still in service 20 years later. 
http://www.vietnamgear.com/equipment.aspx?cat=1

Thank you very much once again Matt... you're a total geezer 😁👍

On 6/8/2021 at 10:28 AM, MattS said:

M1 stamp.jpg

I bought a nos nape strap for a buck at a gun show from a guy who sells surplus he had a bundle of them that was still wrapped I’m kicking myself now for not buying them 

25 minutes ago, PMAN12094 said:

I bought a nos nape strap for a buck at a gun show from a guy who sells surplus he had a bundle of them that was still wrapped I’m kicking myself now for not buying them 

The T-shaped ones are still widely available, I bought 10 NOS ones for $12 off eBay recently. 

25 minutes ago, MattS said:

The T-shaped ones are still widely available, I bought 10 NOS ones for $12 off eBay recently. 

That ain’t bad I know he wanted a buck a piece for the loose ones but I’m sure he would have sold me the bundle of them for the same price as he would sell the loose ones.