HOW GOES THE NEW "HISTORICAL AUCTION BLOCK" WEBSITE?

6th.MG.BN

I have noticed more and more items under different categories being offered for sale on the Historical Auction Block website.

I was wondering how everyone is doing selling or buying? I know it will take awhile to get the word out but it would be nice to have an alternative to Ebay.

Ken

themick

Agreed.  I'd like to hear as well.  

Steve

vintageproductions

Right now the sales are slowly happening.

There have been some total killer buys happen in some of the auctions.

We are getting more and more sellers as we are offering to move their Ebay stores over to the HAB.

It is going to take awhile to build, I remember when Ebay only got 100 military items listed in a week.

Tolzer

Sales have been good! 

5% commission to the Historical Auction Block vs eBay commission is a no brainer.

Longhorn92

I’m liking the idea and registered. My only two criticisms are that one, there are a lot of banner ads and it takes a second to get to the auctions. I’d like to see those minimized or consolidated somehow. I realize the need for sponsors but those are some big ads. Not a big deal but just a personal preference.

Two, I can’t find a way to search within a category when you’re already on a category page. I know you can use the advanced search function to search within a category but I’m talking about when you’re already on the category page.

6th.MG.BN

Glad to hear that things are going good. When I get some time I will have to register and list some stuff.

Ken

vintageproductions
23 hours ago, Longhorn92 said:

I’m liking the idea and registered. My only two criticisms are that one, there are a lot of banner ads and it takes a second to get to the auctions. I’d like to see those minimized or consolidated somehow. I realize the need for sponsors but those are some big ads. Not a big deal but just a personal preference.

Two, I can’t find a way to search within a category when you’re already on a category page. I know you can use the advanced search function to search within a category but I’m talking about when you’re already on the category page.

Where are you seeing all the banners?

I only see them on the lower left side of main page and I think there are four or five.

If it is showing differently and it's being obnoxious, let us know.

Longhorn92

It’s on my iPad so it may just be on a mobile device that you see it that way. No big deal. 

It appears normal on a computer. 

vintageproductions

To do a search try this:

search1.jpg

vintageproductions

search2.jpg

vintageproductions

search3.jpg

I registered and bid and it was all really easy (even for a tech dunce like me)

I was able to score these two (named) scarce dog handler books my first time out so was quite pleased about that. 

I will keep checking in and I am telling all of my collecting friends about the site. 

5f22e4fc-fa91-4a9a-be91-ddbcf1778306_fullsize.jpg

f90cc11c-a25d-4bbc-bcdb-07408a2bc20c_fullsize.jpg

I put a printed label on all of my eBay sales invoices which advertises and directs my buyers to this auction site. As with anything new, just takes a little time to adjust. The Auction admins are always helpful. Nice score on those War Dogs TM's.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.