Substantial World War Two-1980's fieldgear/equipment haul

manifestdestiny

manifestdestiny

Hello all,

I was contacted by my best friend from high school's dad a few weeks ago. Long story short, he had been heavily involved in Civil War/World War Two Reenacting until about 2004 and had acquired a bunch of stuff over the years. They are in the process of downsizing and wanted to get rid of some of his old books and militaria, and he decided to see if I wanted it. I collect mainly Civil War and World War Two items so I am in no way an expert on some of the stuff he gave me, but I felt compelled to take whatever he offered. I am now the owner of a boatload of items ranging from Civil War and World War Two Airborne reenacting gear--that I have no use for, Russian field gear that I have no idea the time frame (most probably Cold War era), a bag or two of East German insignia, to original World War Two to 1980's field gear. Most of the stuff is well used and there are a few pieces that I have never come into contact with before (namely, the Parachutists Weapons Bag from the Vietnam Era). I will only post the original American items that I have acquired.

Suffice it to say that I believe I own somewhere around 15 M1936 musette bags, canteens, and mess tins with this latest acquisition 

I'd be more than happy to provide any additional pictures if anyone wants them.

Some notes:

Pictures 1-4 are of the World War 1/World War Two field gear

Picture 5 has an assortment of items. I am not sure of the date of the bugle, the canteen is of Spanish American War Vintage I believe, I am fairly certain that the overseas caps are original but the parachutist insignia are added on and are most probably reproduction--haven't verified that yet, not sure of the vintage of the tent stakes, I believe the two items to the middle right are mine related

Pictures 6-10 are shelter halves (x2), mosquito nets (x2), and tent pegs (all dated around 1973, I believe)

Pictures 11-12 are of a Vietnam era poncho

Pictures 13-15 Are of an M-9 Gas mask bag and a Vietnam Era Parachutists Weapons Bag

Anyway, finds like this don't come often. I hope y'all enjoyed.

1ww2.jpg

2ww2.jpg

3ww2.jpg

4ww2.jpg

Assorted.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg