Chinese American Actor a Chosin Reservoir 1st Marine Division Veteran, a Wounded Veteran!!!!

patches

Came across this, he's Richard Lee-Sung,born 1930, still around at 90, most will recognize him from his many appearances in MASH episodes, 11 episodes, plus dozens of other T.V. Shows. What blew me away was it states as you see below, haven't of course as per usual found more on this

MV5BMTAxZDdkOTItODgzMy00MTMwLTgzZTQtZjAyNjhlNGI3Mzc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg.ba6a7e27b26060241cfd7f31d47c431f.jpg

The self-proclaimed "Sex Symbol of Chinatown" was originally born in El Paso, Texas in 1930 and moved to Los Angeles during his early childhood. A graduate of Belmont HS in 1949 was followed by service in the US Marine Corps during the Korean War and earned the Purple Heart as a survivor of the battle of the Chosin Reservoir.

BILL THE PATCH

That's pretty wild, wonder how he felt filming the mash episodes. Probably thought it was all BS, but was a pay check

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, BILL THE PATCH said:

That's pretty wild, wonder how he felt filming the mash episodes. Probably thought it was all BS, but was a pay check

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

One of my favorite lines he uses is in a episode where Major Winchester is bilking people of a local village buying their illegally gotten U.S. Armed Forces Military Script when the Forces in Korea introduces new script, Winchester buys them, the old ones for 10 Cents on the Dollar, he swindles  a local tailor (Philip Ahn) into geting him act as his go between.

When its all done and Winchester leaves to go back to the compound, Sung, playing one of the villagers is mad and angrily says to the tailor

This GI JOE your friend?

Tailor says.

No I only make Tailoring for him.

Sung says

My The Seat Of His Pants Turn To Scorpion! 932911043_emoticonlaugh.png.03cf00a04c60347a5455821dec9d1f0d.png932911043_emoticonlaugh.png.03cf00a04c60347a5455821dec9d1f0d.png932911043_emoticonlaugh.png.03cf00a04c60347a5455821dec9d1f0d.png

Capture.PNG