When Moving....

Burning Hazard

Burning Hazard

And you have 4 extra boxes of steel to haul. :)

(not pictured are a couple of plain janes still inside the containers)

Cheers!

Pat

IMG_6436.JPG

Very nice collection Pat, really digging the NCO shells & liners, hopefully you have a war room to enjoy while you unpack! 

Obviously Pat ... Just take those with you and send for the rest later.  Priorities :) Nice grouping of WWIIs you have there

I also have a "fire plan" too (I collect rare German Navy WWII Helmets as well).  I would throw them out the window, get myself out of the house and get the helmets later.  The things we collectors think about.

Z

sgtdorango

I feel your pain i have around 100 helmets and dred the thought of ever moving again😩....nice helmets by the way!...mike

Oof, reminds me of my last move.  30 Rubbermaid tubs plus another 20 or so boxes of helmets, and I didn't trust the movers with them.  That was a lot of driving back and forth between the old place and the new place.

I looked at my collection when it shot up to nearly 120 helmets plus uniforms, trunk groupings, maps, medals etc. That was the day I decided,  quality over quantity... which was rather hard seeing that I felt it was all quality. 

So, I decided on the first ten I no longer needed. Not as hard as I had thought.  I am three years into the downsize with only 30 helmets, 6 uniform groups and only two trunk groupings left.

The goal is to keep the 12 best helmets, 2 best uniforms and no more trunk groupings. I said all this with a purpose... because when I move again, it will be down to 3 totes. 😃

manayunkman

I needed a panel truck when I moved my collection to storage and a 10 x 20’ unit to keep it in. 

Ye I always keep my "A team" with me whenever I have to travel.being active duty, that tends to happen often. Likewise, I don't trust the moving companies with them, especially after just unpacking after a recent one. My other half is currently at me parents house, but hope to pick em up soon hah

Burning Hazard

Thanks everyone!

I still have a closet full of combat jackets and a couple of more totes of field gear. Surprisingly, I have downsized my collection and sold off most of the plain jane helmets as they were taking up too much room; they all found good homes with forum members here.

Cheers,

Pat