Vietnam used and named M1 with cover right from the vet today

ScottG

This came in today from SId Welch. Sid served in Vietnam with the 587th Signal Company, supporting the 25th Infantry Division. Sid mailed it home to his parents and kept it all these years. He is now moving and decided to bring it to the museum as a donation today. I pulled the liner and wow, what a difference between the outside of the cover and the inside as far as the colors. I don't want to pull the cover off of the helmet but sure am curious about the helmet itself.

Some writing like the name Marsha as well as some faded phrases are still visible on the cover. This one made my day!    Scott

DSCN8831.JPG

DSCN8837.JPG

DSCN8832.JPG

DSCN8833.JPG

DSCN8834.JPG

DSCN8835.JPG

DSCN8836.JPG

+1 to Justin. Lots of these are put togethers. Nice lid and find. A nice M1 would make anyone’s day :)

Z

dave peifer

thats one great piece,no matter how tempting i would never pull that cover off..................dave

43 minutes ago, dave peifer said:

thats one great piece,no matter how tempting i would never pull that cover off..................dave

100% Dave, its staying put even with the curiosity. Thanks!   Scott

5 hours ago, dave peifer said:

I wouldnt have even pulled the liner.. thats a great helmet and see the red tint from the vietnam soil there.

28 minutes ago, doyler said:

I wouldnt have even pulled the liner.. thats a great helmet and see the red tint from the vietnam soil there.

Yea that red dust got on and into everything. When possible would go to steam bath to get it out of skin.