USMC Trials ALICE LBV - GWOT Used

Nkomo

Something you don't see every day.  This a Force Recon used trial/test ALICE LBV that was trialed by the USMC right before the adoption of the MOLLE system.  This system consisted of a LBV, a padded belt, and an integral SPIE harness.  From what I understand, these vests were not popular and it is uncommon to find them in used condition.

This set is extremely well used and has what I think are earlier Spec Ops Brand pouches  fastened to the rig with 550 cord.  Seeing how Spec Ops Brand didn't come into existence until 2000, I believe this rig to have been used during the GWOT.

Buckles are dated 96 and it also had a home made medical kit in one pocket that has been sealed by a food saver/Seal-A-Meal device.

Any comments or opinions are welcome.

LBV.jpg

LBV3.jpg

LBV2.jpg

LBV1.jpg

3 hours ago, Usmccollector said:

This is insanely awesome! Nice pick up! 

Thank you kindly.

mohawkALSE

Seeing the FoodSaver stuff would make me think it came from an SF member that knew someone from an ALSE shop.  Army Aircrew survival gear is packed in those FoodSaver bags for both vest and bag components.  They started using them during the SARVIP vest era.   Very cool vest.

Thanks for the comment! If this specific vest hadn't been trialed by the USMC (I THINK exclusively to the Recon/Force Recon) and hadn't come out of the Lejeune area, I would agree with the SF connection.   Very reminiscent of some of my other SF attributed rigs.

milsurp_scout_14

Very cool vest; I've never seen one of these before. That Vietnam era plastic snap canteen cover seems to have held up well!