4 digit inland for sale in auction today

mdk0911

here is a rare 4 digit inland carbine for auction today - I would like to pass along

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Military-Artifacts/Firearms/Extremely-Early-Production-Inland-M1-Carbine/lotInformation/61177972

desc

.30 Carbine caliber, 18" barrel, S/N 3418. Parkerized finish, blued bolt, I-cut high-wood stock. Top of receiver marked INLAND DIV. over the serial number. Chamber marked U.S. CARBINE / CAL. 30 M1 in two lines. Stock marked with small {Ordnance Wheel}, {Flaming Bomb}, O and LA in sling cut, and with a clear {Circle-P} on the bottom of the pistol grip. Two-rivet hand-guard marked O and with {flaming bomb} on interior. Barrel marked in three lines: INLAND MFG. DIV. / GENERAL MOTORS / 7-42. Flat bolt top, S marked Type I rear sight with marks on the opposite side apparently defaced, SI marked front sight, unmarked Type I barrel band with unmarked swivel, INLAND logo marked trigger housing with {Flaming Bomb} on opposing side, {Shield-H} marked hammer with {flaming bomb}. Type I serrated magazine catch. Throat erosion 1.5, muzzle erosion 3. Includes a single K.I. marked 15-round Type II magazine, a Type II WWII OD Green sling and an oiler.

inland1.jpg

308_8.jpg

308_5.jpg

Appears rear of receiver was ground down. Also looks to be reminets of previous stampings to left of serial.

fe25aac7dc768238487c56c6f92a30d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Appears rear of receiver was ground down. Also looks to be reminets of previous stampings to left of serial.

fe25aac7dc768238487c56c6f92a30d9.jpg

Admittedly, I am not a great student of Inland, so maybe typical characteristics early Inland?

Rear of the receiver didn’t bother me. The sight being crushed did. Both sides of the receiver look like they were clamped in a vise. The right side of the sight looks crushed in. And looking at the posted pic the bottom right of the dovetail looks to show a staking peen next to the flat spring. Left over from the removal of an adjustable sight upgrade.