“CARB Parts”

Brian Keith

Brian Keith

This box has been sitting on a fairly neglected shelf for a number of years. I often saw it and recalled when my cousin dropped off a Jeep carburetor and small parts at my mother’s house for me a number of years ago. When I was in high school in the ‘70’s, we both had Jeeps and had a bit of fun during the winter and particularly during the “Blizzard of ‘78”, my senior year. Well, I’ve been sorting my crap to down size, and got this box down. I opened it up, this is what I found. CRAP!-where are the Jeep carburetor parts?

BKW

P5250400.JPG

P5250401.JPG

:>]   I could use those "Carb. Parts".

Chuck

PS. Also have a 1945 MB that needs a few parts.

Brian Keith

Thanks for everyone's comments, I might have to move some things to the "For Sale" section. Wasn't my original intent for the post, but I do need to move some things.

BKW

Good story... thanks for the laugh! 

I see there's a blank attachment... are the red tipped cartridges actual blanks or something else? The tips are pretty dark and consistent, not what I'd expect if they were crimped and painted.

Too bad the receiver was done in by Capt. Krunch.

Boy, the blizzard of '78 sure brings back the memories.  Was out of school for almost a full month.

Nice selection of parts also!

Brian Keith

Thanks for all the comments, I'm glad you all got a chuckle. Subgunfun-yes, they are blanks, left overs from when I did re-enacting in the '80's. They were made from gelatin capsules like you would get from the health food store to make your own vitamin supplements. Usually worked pretty good! The de-milled receiver is an M-2 marked Inland-Tragic! Jangle-I think my school was out for three weeks, shortened the senior year!

BKW