moth prevention/good cedar spray

Altomarevintage

Altomarevintage

Anyone on here have a good tip on a cedar spray I can use to spritz my displayed uniforms. I happen to have sen a few moths in my household  and am currently looking into the problem

but until then Id like to take some action to stave off any potential problem 

• 2 months later...

I would try and avoid spraying anything directly on items. I can recommend TERRO brand

Clothes Moth Alert (https://www.terro.com/terro-clothes-moth-traps). It uses pheromones to lure them into a sticky trap. They last about 2-3 months and have been successful in the past for me. You can buy them from online retailers, or in most big-box stores.

• 1 month later...

I have a few cedar hangers and hanger boards that seem to determine months very well, got them from an etsy seller and can post the link, the hangers are pretty hefty as well

Just now, srahimian24 said:

I have a few cedar hangers and hanger boards that seem to determine months very well, got them from an etsy seller and can post the link, the hangers are pretty hefty as well

Deter, not determine, sorry about that 

While this topic is from May, in general, I’d recommend confirming what type of moths you have, before mounting an offensive.

A few years ago, we started seeing moths in the house, and I borderline freaked out.  Because moths tend to be pretty fragile, it’s hard to capture one without mangling it.  

Once I was able to isolate one and get a good look at it, I realized what we had was pantry moths, not clothes moths.  Better news, but still pests we don’t want flitting about.  

After a top-to-bottom cleaning, inspection, and purging of the cabinets, we put out some of the aforementioned pheromone traps.  It was gross, how many moths ended up in them.  It took a long time, but eventually we got rid of them.  

With the traps, it may be a good idea to have one out, just as a preventative.  That way, if a scout shows up, you might snag him.