Alice pack frame shelf. Are they faked?

Atamis

Ordered a shelf for my alice pack, primarily just so I have one. They look off and I am unsure if these are a commonly faked item, or more innocuous, a commonly poorly reproduced item by Rothco or similar. 

This particular one is extremely loose on the frame and rattles around. Nothing i can't solve with modifications, but it still makes me wonder. the bottom is only lightly marked "MFR 32072 US" and looks double stamped to boot. Packaging was simply a plastic envelope stapled shut. It looks like a shelf, feels like a shelf, but does it perform like a shelf?

Mayhaps my expectations were higher, or did I get bamboozled for "real usgi surplus"

mohawkALSE

The 1 Ive had for years was always sort of loose on one of the frames I had til you put weight on it then it stayed put.  But if it was just hanging on the cross member of the frame it could easily get knocked off of its place.  Never saw one individually packed so I have no idea on the packaging.

I see. I went ahead and just made it work. Its aluminum and I suspected it would be easy to bend (it wasn't) so I just put the hanger in the vice and gave it a quick pinch. it took some effort to get it to just close a little. but there's enough spring pressure on it now it feels nearly bolted on. Works great on the alice thus far. I don't foresee any issues if the whole thing as as durable as just that hook. 

saxecoburg

Yes, the shelves have been faked, just like the rest of the ALICE pack. If I recall most of fakes came out of Korea in the 90s. 

With that said, I think your expectations are simply too high. Everything you describe, from the packaging, the stamp and the loose fit sounds correct for the USGI version.