uniform dry rot

gunner

i just purchased a 1st Pattern pre-1964 utility shirt from a forum member, he sold it just for the patches because the shirt had dry rot in a couple areas. i have no idea what dry rot is, or how to treat it. all i know is i do not want to remove the patches from the shirt because they are original and i want to do everything in my power to preserve the shirt in its entirety.

please help me correct this dry rot if possible or to do what ever necessary to keep the shirt from further deterioration.

basically im looking to do what ever possible to keep the shirt intact.

thank you for your help!

Gunner,

I did a little research for you and found a place that MAY be able to help you out. It is a place out of New Jersey called Fabric Renewal. They normally only serve the NJ, NY, PA, and CT area, but they are willing to have items shipped to them and take a look at them. You would obviously have to pay shipping costs, but the service they provide for one shirt is cheap. I am not sure if they can help you out, but it is worth a try. Before I send the item to them, call them first and explain the situation. I have talked to them and the lady I talked with was really nice. Here is there website :http://www.fabricrenewal.com/faq.htm It is at least worth a try.

Arch