1000 or so new 2nd Lt

Ray42

Well today was a big day and I probably made the best find I’ll ever have... 1000 or so brand new 2nd Lt including my  brother 2nd Lt Rector with the 10th Mt Division. I’ve got way too many pictures from the graduation and the dozen commissioning ceremonies that I attended but thought I would share a few tonight and maybe the rest tomorrow. Big shout out to the class of 2021.

PS the flag in the background of my brothers commissioning was the one we received when my grandfather, a ww2 vet, passed away making it a special inclusion in the event.

EB7314B5-45A8-4F39-83CF-8C03DBE60502.jpeg

0B1811DD-7E5C-4B58-BD96-EC8AC588D442.jpeg

ABA02C2B-1AED-40B3-BE4A-46BDDF4B38B6.jpeg

4488305E-6D46-45DB-A4D9-E55FCE48A06E.jpeg

F2C273D1-15D0-45A0-9437-7A683469D704.jpeg

08790B8A-E88B-42B2-8856-DBAEF898380A.jpeg

6E830D43-92AE-48EB-9C69-1E195DB660B6.jpeg

E1FE993D-D6A3-4C7E-B03C-3C6DCFF73449.jpeg

470C39C6-7634-4C30-A6A9-A6FFEB62A8DB.jpeg

Brian Keith

Congratulations! I pray the world becomes calm and they never loose a soldier in combat.

BKW

manayunkman

A great achievement!!

Congratulations.

My brother in law was in the class of 1982.

His father was, I think, 1956.

I like the way they made their crushers.

By the way what was the second ceremony with your grandfather’s flag? 

Congratulations!  A friend of mine's son, Daniel Ross, graduated with this class also.  My uncle was class of 1956 and his grandson was USMA but don't know which class (20??).

Congrats to all.

2 hours ago, manayunkman said:

I like the way they made their crushers.

By the way what was the second ceremony with your grandfather’s flag? 

I liked it as well, the new uniforms look great. My brother says that they aren’t called crushers anymore however... they are now called “bus driver hats” 🙄.

The second ceremony is his commissioning ceremony. They officially get commissioned during graduation but there is normally a more private ceremony held where they take the oath and parents pin their Lt bars on the shoulder. The Major invited me to participate in my brothers as well but unfortunately I was filming the event and couldn’t. The video that doesn’t seem to work was of the commissioning ceremony so maybe I will have to retry it.

50 minutes ago, 29navy said:

Congratulations!  A friend of mine's son, Daniel Ross, graduated with this class also.  My uncle was class of 1956 and his grandson was USMA but don't know which class (20??).

Congrats to your friends son also. And that is a pretty impressive family history at the school, I think it is impressive when there are 2nd and 3rd generation grads.

6 hours ago, Brian Keith said:

Congratulations! I pray the world becomes calm and they never loose a soldier in combat.

BKW

Thanks! I really hope that for them also, the ones I’ve met from the class are amazing men and women and I’m sure the rest are also.

4 hours ago, manayunkman said:

Thanks for answering my question.

Not a problem! Thank you for the kind words.

postmanusnac

Congrats to your brother. I love how the army brought back the greens.

I just wish the Navy would’ve gone back to the dress khakis!