ParaMarine 1944 ID?

nchistory

Anybody know this Minneapolis, Minnesota ParaMarine with Girlfriend or wife in leatherette frame 1944????????

Bloodied ParaMarine patch. Beautiful colorized photo.

189788261_329179622158646_48582208012159365_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Eric Queen

Absolutely awesome photo !! One of the best I have seen.

I have one of the PM wearing the JJ Cash & Co.  patch in its original frame but unfortunately not colorized. 

Can you tell if your guy is wearing a US made patch? Seems to be but cannot tell for sure from the image.

Congrats on a super find. 

PM 4 x.jpg

5 hours ago, Eric Queen said:

I have one of the PM wearing the JJ Cash & Co.  patch in its original frame but unfortunately not colorized. 

Can you tell if your guy is wearing a US made patch? Seems to be but cannot tell for sure from the image.

PM 4 x.jpg

Thanks Eric. I can’t tell if US made patch. I can guess US and seems to have benn taken around the time they were disbanded, gheeubg he may have gone to the 5th Div after his leave,  but it’s only speculation, I wish I knew more. I see he has 1 campaign star, and it looks like red trim added to patch. 

5 hours ago, Eric Queen said:

PM 4 x.jpg

Eric enlargement 

5B854948-0724-49C1-9691-6A1F17C18377.jpeg

Eric Queen

Thanks. Hard to say for sure from the image but I would guess US made as well.  Killer photo either way. 

Eric Queen

It's quite sad that this has not received more (any) comments as this, for a portrait collector, is really a special piece in my opinion. 

The fact is (and some may disagree or not like it) that (in many cases) the better/rarer the piece the lower the level of interest (forum response). I think that is in general, not just photographs. 

Eric,

I would not say that it is so much a lack of interest as it is a lack of ability to make a constructive post to add to the greater understanding of the membership. I have drooled all over my keyboard on both of these photos, but short of saying "great photos!" I don't know what else to add. I don't know who either Marine might be, but both photos are KILLER!

Allan

Doug the curator of The Minnesota State Museum looked through the 2 paramarine graduation books they had in their collection to no avail.

Aznation sent me a personal message with a possible lead that I am currently following up on.  PFC Jaskowiak lived an hour away in St. Cloud, newspaper article showed he was home in March 44, a month before date on photo.  No sure how long his leave was, but it may have taken a longer to to fill the order by colorizing the images?  His sister Irene lived in Minneapolis in the 40's, she was 10 years older than him.  Maybe this is Irene and brother Richard.  I'm currently looking for other photos of Richard as their are facial similarities..  This is a possibility.  He was in 3rd Parachute Battalion, says he has a PUC, I thought only 1st had PUC?  But that's a descreption with the newspaper article, not the image.  He was KIA 2-19-45 IWO with H 3/28.

j3a.jpg.9598b0bfc930ad81d90d985c53abf273.jpg

j3b.jpg.c95fad04c94b1207a03a1896e09ec835.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree...ears are completely different, among other things

But dang...look at the hair on Larry Jensen