Wartime gold Army of the Tenn. Medal attributed to Lt. Col. Charles M. Morton

John Fushi

Wartime gold Army of Tenn. Medal - The medal incorporates the design of the 13th, 15th and 17th Corps 

It also comes with original Tiffany Box (Not shown)

Postwar Gold Mollus medal.  

Attributed to Lt. Col. Charles M. Morton. Enlisted in 22nd Illinois Vols. Fought at Shiloh. Went on to be come Lt. Col. and Chief Commissariat for Army of Tenn. 15th Corps.

If you have any additional info on Lt. Col. Charles M. Morton please let me know.

Tennessee-C.A.Morton copy.jpg

Tennessee-Mollus-C.A.Morton-2 copy.jpg

Tennessee-C.A.Morton-3 copy.jpg

KevinBeyer

Wow.  That is an amazing pair of badges!  I've spent decades trying to find a regular Army of the Tennessee badge without luck.  This would be the pinnacle for this type of badge.

Thanks for sharing these images.

Kevin

Marktk36thIL

Terrific badges, and I remember seeing a small fraction of your collection on FB. Outstanding collection really.

I'd like to know more about the 19th IL badge, and if you thought it was wartime or post-War?

• 2 weeks later...
John Fushi
On 5/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, KevinBeyer said:

Wow.  That is an amazing pair of badges!  I've spent decades trying to find a regular Army of the Tennessee badge without luck.  This would be the pinnacle for this type of badge.

Thanks for sharing these images.

Kevin

I recall seeing an Army of the Tennessee medal on a website a few months back.

John

John Fushi
On 5/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, Marktk36thIL said:

Terrific badges, and I remember seeing a small fraction of your collection on FB. Outstanding collection really.

I'd like to know more about the 19th IL badge, and if you thought it was wartime or post-War?

I am not 100% sure if its wartime or post-war, Once I figure it out I will let you know.

John