WW2 or post mosin nagant pouches

Airbornewingz

Airbornewingz

I don’t know I’d these are ww2 or post and I don’t know how to identify them. I got 2 for 2 dollars along with a cleaning kit. If you know if these are ww2 or post or something let me know.

3E8EC0BC-D305-454E-950F-B31BAC9736DA.jpeg

5A74F872-32EB-4DC9-99AB-AB5CFF35FB1F.jpeg

118C69AB-53F3-44F6-86E9-51AACA195ED6.jpeg

78C1CE50-DDB5-4739-88B5-4829F712751C.jpeg

Typical post war pouch.  Hundreds of thousands came in with surplus Mosins over the years.  However there is at least one out there with what appears to 45 date but being Soviet era, who knows when it was actually made.

Airbornewingz
4 hours ago, fireman1 said:

Typical post war pouch.  Hundreds of thousands came in with surplus Mosins over the years.  However there is at least one out there with what appears to 45 date but being Soviet era, who knows when it was actually made.

Ok thanks but what do you mean with one that appears to have a 45 date? And how would you identify a ww2 pouch from a post war.

The pouch you have is made of "kirza"  AKA fake leather.  There are some war time holsters made from it.  I have only seen that one that was posted on gunboards a few years back.  It was of the same exact some construction as yours.  It simply had a 45 stamped in it.  No idea when in 45 it was made.  The assumption is that the 45 is a date but there is a still a lot of unknowns with Russian stuff.  It is getting better though as more Russians/Ukrainian collectors dig into original documents and share the info on line.  Wartime Mosin pouches are leather in a similar pattern or of a plan substitute issue.

These are some of the wartime emergency types.  I don't have any that of the official 2 pocket pattern I am confident are pre 45.

20210226_164404.jpg

20210226_164503.jpg

This one is a repro but of the correct pattern.  There are a bunch of Polish and German ones on Ebay that are being passed off as Soviet, some with the implication or are actually stated to be WW2.   They are not.  I have one  I bought from a guy in Ukraine and it is definitely Polish post WW2.

FEB6TH-078-scaled.jpg

Airbornewingz
3 hours ago, fireman1 said:

German one on Ebay.  The seller makes that clear.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Thanks for all your help!

Charlie Flick

Gentlemen:

Our Forum rules restrict discussions to topics that are US militaria related.  There is no evidence that the Mosin Nagant pouches in question here have any such connection.   Accordingly, this thread will be locked down shortly.

The OP may want to consider posting this thread over at the sister forum of www.worldmilitariaforum.com .

Charlie