US FLAGS, PENNANTS & GUIDONS Collection from all service branches

tdurbinmas

cagedfalcon

"Some flags", did you leave any out there for others? LOL

Great collection! 

tdurbinmas

LOL. I am a little embarrassed to say there might be 1250+ flags in the collection. It started with that one special flag so many years ago. I’m sure that there are many others with similar obsessions. I’m just glad there aren’t too many flag-guys. 

dhcoleterracina

Fantastic collection, or part of. I knew that it was only part of your flags but never guessed it could reach 1250. Do you frame any? Most of mine end up in storage bins with moth balls. 

dhcoleterracina

I was typing that when you posted the next group. All I can say is "Please sir, I want some more". 

tdurbinmas
1 minute ago, dhcoleterracina said:

Fantastic collection, or part of. I knew that it was only part of your flags but never guessed it could reach 1250. Do you frame any? Most of mine end up in storage bins with moth balls. 

Yes. I have framed some of the QM rank and presidential flags 

010939F6-57B3-4213-AF95-334E2A661BF4.jpeg

EC64013C-C5C9-4EC5-BCD2-1D93EDB2E8D6.jpeg

77134E07-8F2A-4922-AED1-962F4DFD21E3.jpeg

E4D1417D-10F4-4A5F-B3E7-E802F249A8FA.jpeg

645E15C6-912A-4EE1-A09E-1F85EC488A40.jpeg

5F724950-6958-4D67-8E03-73FD738B55AF.jpeg

DD4C9F66-7900-4543-86E2-C4A22A8F8BE0.jpeg

I Hate Moths

I am delighted to see this amazing collection. Thank you for sharing.

tdurbinmas

Some of the photos are posting upside down or sideways.......sorry. Not sure why that’s happening 

dhcoleterracina

Wow, a classy display. Framed flags take up a lot of room and they can't just be hung anywhere since there can be no direct sunlight. You must have a big place and a lovely wife who understands.

I'm mostly into the Stars and Stripes and I have to tag my flags after I log them with purchase details. Otherwise they all start to look the same and too easy to mix up. Are your flags different enough that you don't have to do that? 

tdurbinmas
1 minute ago, dhcoleterracina said:

Wow, a classy display. Framed flags take up a lot of room and they can't just be hung anywhere since there can be no direct sunlight. You must have a big place and a lovely wife who understands.

I'm mostly into the Stars and Stripes and I have to tag my flags after I log them with purchase details. Otherwise they all start to look the same and too easy to mix up. Are your flags different enough that you don't have to do that? 

Thanks. When we built our new home a couple years ago I got the entire basement. I have a finished room for some of the framed flags and in my den are some vintage paintings and autographed photos of all the 5-star generals and admiral plus a few others. I have a cataloging system set up where I process the flags by type, branch, mfgr, etc. store them in bags in totes. I need to get some pictures of them online to share them. A lot of them are fairly common and look similar. My tote checklist helps keep them organized. Eventually I’d like to sort them by type and branch and bring them to shows.